I’m going to be real with you all, especially folks in the US: this shit is real. Right now, as I type this, Switzerland is pretty much closed up. People are only going out if they have to. There will be a press conference from the Bundesrat (Federal Government) soon, and we’re expecting them to probably place a curfew, and maybe close the borders. Italy is pretty much closed. Germany has closed its borders. France just instituted a curfew.
Take it from someone living in a hot zone: It’s not “overreacting” or “hype” leading to these restrictions. In fact, even if we are “overreacting” I’d rather we do that than have more dead people than we should. I fear for you all in the US.
Haven’t done much writing work lately because, emotionally, it’s been hard to go there. I think I might start doing more work on it, though, since it’ll give me a bit of an escape.
It’s been really hard, though, and I pray that science will find something to make it a less dangerous infection or come up with a vaccine. Either way, it’s going to get worse before it gets better. 🙁
- Unity: This is a military/hard sci-fi/spy novel set in a future where humans have colonized several other planets. One of the main characters is a Religious Program Specialist and Senior Communications officer who has PTSD and works with the station’s Chaplain to figure out why the colonization survey they’re supporting isn’t going according to plan, and realizing that who’s behind it is more dangerous than just a failed colony.
- Word count as of today: still 101,765 (not including the chapter I’m currently working on.)
- The Four Keys: A spiritual prose journey to the underworld and back.
- Started final edit pass for e-book version.
- Graphic novel version on hold for the time being.
- The Little Tarot E-book: This is a book started for my tarot class here in Zurich
- Still in draft. Need to finish Major Arcana and more spreads.
- Poetry For Lent
- Started writing poems for Lent. Not sure if I’m going to make a book out of them, yet.
All travel postponed for the time being.
Finally finished a weaving project I had on the loom for a year and a half. Unfortunately, it came out too short for what I had wanted to do with it originally. Instead, I bought some fabric to make a sewn version of said thing. The fabric I did make, though, I’ll make into a glasses case, and probably some other little bags. I’m deciding whether to start another weaving project, or just stick with my crochet projects for now. I have the Bacon Scarf (made with bacon colored yarn) and a Van Gogh scarf (with a set of yarn from A Hundred Ravens). Both of these projects have been on the go since before I left the US, so…
Finally finished processing my pics from Florida and Schilthorn. Both of which are on Facebook.
I ended up buying a Lamy Dialog 3 off of Ebay, and I kind of wish I had bought it new. It’s a cool pen, though, although, I’m not sure if I like it any better than the Pilot Vanishing Point. This one has a medium nib, and writes really wet. The pen I got is also a bit fiddly when closing it up, so I’m not sure if that’s the design of the pen itself, or the fact I got it off of ebay. A little disappointing, but new pen!
Swimming is also on hold for the time being. Figures when I try to get back into it….bleh.